So we scanned in the sonogram picture but you can't really see anything. I know what is there though, my little Jelly Bean. I told Daniel he ate to many beans as a kid so now we are having one!
I wanted to share more of how we told everyone because to be honest that was the funnest part!
I woke up one morning and was like ok it hasn't been two weeks but I will take a test anyway just for fun. The night before I had a dream that I was carrying a home test around with me that was positive and I kept pulling it out of my pocket and thinking ok good it is still positive. It was a really funny dream esp because Daniel and I were in New York which we have never been too. So I woke up that morning and knew I was going to take the test and kept telling myself don't be to sad when it comes out negative. I peed on the stick and the second it hit the little window it turned positive. I had already turned on my shower so I set down and just kept looking at it thinking it would go away. Finally I realized how dark the lines were so I ran out of the bathroom hyperventilating and went into our bedroom. I flipped on the light and kept saying Daniel wake up.... Finally he did and sit straight up. I am known to injure myself first thing in the morning so I am sure he thought I was hurt. I asked him if that was a positive sign and he said yes.... (By the way I was really mad at myself because I wanted to tell Daniel in some fun cute way but when you are sitting there holding the test it was a lot different!! I couldn't wait I had to tell him!!!) I continued not to be able to breathe. I went in for blood work that day, it was a Wed. We got the results the next day and I was learning to breathe, it was all over whelming! For those of you who don't know we were trying fertility drugs because my body has issues. I just didn't expect it to work the first month we took it!
I had a really hard time keeping my mouth shut and not tell people. I spilled the beans to Melissa (my coworker)! Daniel texted me later that day and told me we should call Grandma (my Mom) and I told him I wanted to wait and tell her in person. We found out they were going out to eat that night so we invited ourselves. I was so nervous to tell them, I don't know why. So I made Daniel do it. He sit next to her at dinner and whispered in her ear if she was ready to be a Grandma..... She looked at me and said but Julie isn't pregnant. All I had to do was nod.... It was fun. We went out that night to buy What to expect when you are expecting. I am one of those people who will read whatever I can get my hands on so I had to have something!!!
I told the rest of the family over the phone but they were all very excited!! My Mom has taken to call the bean Gouda Brie.... Gouda even got their first Easter Basket and first rattle. So cute.
I have been really nervous about everything, just wanting it to grow big and strong. Having that first sono was awesome. I guess that is one of the perks to fertility drugs is that they check everything so early. Seeing the little heart flutter was amazing, I can't wait to hear it but I don't think it will be as cool as seeing it.
Daniel has been amazing. He has been making me food that my stomach can handle (lots of pancakes.... those are soooo good in my stomach!!!0giving me lots of hugs! I haven't been feeling to bad.... completly exhausted and I feel motion sickness all the time. No throwing up yet but stomach churnning pretty badly.
We are ready for the is journey and we are grateful that God will trust us with one of his children.
We will keep this update as we get updates!
Oh another fun part we decided that our little two bedroom apt won't cut it. So we are looking at houses! We are going to go drive by a bunch today and go with the realtor to the ones we like on Tuesday! We are hoping by this summer so we can get it all ready!
4 comments:
Hearing the heart is SO COOL.
If you want reading material, get "The Pregnancy Book" and "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. They are great!
Congrats again!!!!!!!
So cute! Those are good books and I have a couple to recommend for when you have to actually take care of the jelly bean:)
Yippie! What a way to find out, via blog stories. Congrats! Luv ya, Kerr
Julie that was such a fun read! I am totally with you on the trying not to tell but you can't help but tell EVERYONE! It's so funny! And I can so see you falling all over yourself to get to Daniel to tell him! Oh it makes me smile :)! It's just the begining and I know you will enjoy EVERY moment of it!
Post a Comment