Thursday, June 04, 2009

Baby Perkin's First Photo Shoot!

(click on picture to make bigger.... easier to see that way!!!)

So yesterday I had one of the nurses let me listen to the heartbeat on our lunch break. I was so excited to get to hear it. I was telling my OB that (I work at my OB's office!!) and she told me let's just do a sonogram. So this morning I got to see the Jelly Bean actually looking like a baby.... not just a Jelly Bean like the first sonogram. It was so special it melted my heart into gooey little pieces!
I loved watching the bean wave at us, kick it's feet, open and close it's mouth and look at us. It was so surreal. I knew I was pregnant but to actually see that and see the baby inside changes everything.... I really feel pregnant now!
I feel so lucky to be working at my OB's office right now. Most women only get sonograms at 20 weeks unless something is wrong. I have had two now... One at 6 weeks 6 days when there was nothing to see but a little flutter of a heartbeat.... and now this one at 12 weeks 6 days (woohoo tomorrow ends the first trimester). It really has put my mind at ease being able to be in a place that if I have a concern or I am just being a worry wart I can go "Hey will you find the heartbeat for me" and just hearing that sound puts all my worry away.... My doctor is super nice too so that always helps!
I just wanted to share the Bean's first real photo with everyone :)

On other exciting news next Thursday we close on our house!! I keep singing "Our house in the middle of the street....." Daniel took a week off so he can do some redecorating and other little things that the house inspection brought up and I am so excited to make it our own! The lady that lived there before was a little to fond of wallpaper (ugly wallpaper) and woodpaneling so that is coming down!! Other than that the house is in terrific condition! I will be posting pictures of our house after we close so everyone will get to see it!!!!

Ok that is all for now :)

No comments: